Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So, Let's Call it a "Practice Week," Shall We?

Or, maybe even a "Dress Rehearsal."

I knew that going to work today would pose some major challenges for me, the biggest being that I work for Pepsi, and have free access to fountain soda all day. (I know, right?)

I once heard soda referred to as "Liquid Satan," but I can't go so far as to call it that. I love LOVE Pepsi. But I have to give it up.

Lucky for me, Pepsi also bottles and distributes Aquafina! I drank plenty of that today, but when it came time to have lunch, I broke down and drank 16oz of Pepsi. Which, actually, is a major improvement considering I usually drink 64+ ounces of Pepsi a day. Baby steps!

So this week will be a good trial week for me. I will keep track of when I get hungry and pack my lunch bag accordingly with lots of healthy snacks. My grazing habit keeps me looking for food ALL DAY. So, I have a feeling I'll be eating lots of carrots, apples, and any other one-point Weight Watchers snacks! :)

I also recorded another video today on my way home from work. I really need to sit down and plan my day so that I can fit some sort of exercise in between the time I get up and the time I go to bed. I go to work at 6:00am, so I technically wake up the roosters. I may have to get up as early as 3:30am to get exercise in before work. ACK!

Tomorrow I'll begin my search for a good workout DVD. Maybe you can help me choose, since my husband wants to bust out the "P90X" and I'd rather not go there. I'm not sure if I'll make it through 10 minutes of that, so I need to find something that will help me transition from "Plus-Size Sedentary" to "Plus-Size Semi-Mobile"!

OH -- one more thing . . . Tomorrow is "picture day." Ugh. I'll spare you the "Biggest Loser" half-naked high-def imagery and go with a t-shirt and shorts. (At least for the blog. I'll keep the half-naked picture handy for reference, since I hope to be able to run through the neighborhood in just a sport tank and runner's shorts by the end of 2011!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment