Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trash Talk

The awesomest thing happened to me on Tuesday.

I pitched to my Facebook family that I was considering drinking only water for an entire year. And only one person gave me the thumbs up. Everyone else acted as if I had said I was going to sleep upside-down in a coffin until December of 2011.

Which, actually, gave me all the motivation I needed to TOTALLY DO THIS.


Screw you, haters. Bring it on, non-believers.

Because it's been two days of solid non-soda and non-alcohol drinking.

Seriously. I even WENT OUT TO PIZZA at our favorite pizza restaurant and drank only water. The servers didn't know what to do with me. My sons asked me if I was sick. My husband was quite proud.

Tomorrow night (New Years' Eve) I will have a couple of cocktails to end the year and say goodbye to old habits. Then, I'll be getting on with my goals.

But remember, it's not just about the water.

"I will look fabulous. Feel fabulous. Be a fabulous wife and mom. And a fabulous CEO of my own house and finances."

But, drinking water is a major part of that goal. As Mike Adams wrote:
"Water is one of the most powerful healing substances available to each and every consumer in the United States and around the world. It's virtually free; all you need to do is keep drinking it, and don't wait for your thirst perception to tell you when to drink more. You have to make a commitment to hydrate yourself throughout the day on a regular basis. At the same time you have to make a commitment to avoid drinking beverages that result in dehydration, such as soft drinks, sport drinks or any beverage with caffeine or added sugars. That means avoiding cow's milk, fruit juices, beer and alcohol, fruit punches or any other drinks that simply don't substitute for the healing power of pure water."
The more I read, the easier this decision becomes.

Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment